Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fun-Filled Day

Today we went to the Kent Cornucopia Days street fair with my parents. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. Lots of walking and I didn't do too bad points-wise:

Breakfast:
Egg McMuffin (Just the muffin, egg and cheese - no meat) but I still counted it at 9 pts. just to be safe

Lunch:
Okay, here's where I got confused. I had a Raspberry Chipotle chicken flatbread salad from Quizno's, but I didn't eat the bread and got it with no bacon. So it was lettuce, a sprinkling of cheese, and chicken. I didn't eat very much of the dressing either because I just dipped my fork in the dressing and then got a bite of salad. The points tracker says the salad is 25 pts (WTH?!?!?) but I'm sure that's mostly the bread and the bacon. When I put the ingredients I actually ate in the recipe builder, it gave me a value of 6 points. After this lengthy explanation, I went with the 6 pts. I hope I'm not cheating.

Dinner:
1 cooked chicken breast, grilled veggies, and rice. I never realized when I eat rice how much I'm eating. I was trying to cut back a few points since I wasn't sure about lunch, so I only had 2/3 cup rice. That is actually a lot of rice!!! So dinner was 6 pts and I totally felt full. I can't believe how much I used to eat!!

Snack:
One WW Chocolate Cookie ice cream bar - 2 points. I loooove these!!! They are so yummy, and when I ate it, I took my time and enjoyed it!!

Total: 24/26 - two points leftover! But I'm not going to use them because of lunch.

Also, I talked to hubby today about how he felt about my WW plan because in the past, I haven't stuck with anything, and I wanted to make sure he is going to support me in this. He is totally into it! We actually had a good time together planning meals and doing the shopping. He kept asking me how many points something was. So hopefully we'll be able to make our lifestyle changes together.

1 comment:

Colette said...

GOOD JOB USING THE RECIPE BUILDER. I USE ONE ALL THE TIME.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!